Jonny's Senior Project!

As most of you know I am about done with this silly school nonsense and I am working on a senior project. I would like to build an electric motorcycle and to do so I need some help. I am in serious need of some sponsors. If you are interested, just leave a comment or get a hold of me. All donations big or small are greatly appreciated and are 100% tax deductible!

Insperation



Thursday, July 9, 2009

It pays to know a good machinist.

I've finally got my motor mount made for the Etek. Decided to go with 3/8 aluminium rather then 1/4 steel. This worked out to my advantage for many reasons. First I can now weld it to the swing arm rather then just bolting it and it made the process much faster. I went to see my friend in the machine shop and he felt bad because he kept forgetting to make it for me so he drew it up on his milling machine found a piece of scrap and in about 10-15 minutes I had this beautiful result! The drawing that I had actually had a mistake in it and he caught it as he was putting it on the mill machine and fixed it. When I brought it home to try it out it fit perfect so a big thanks to Robert in the machine shop!

1 comment:

ZoomSmith said...

Looks good man. Can't wait to see it mounted.