Jonny's Senior Project!

As most of you know I am about done with this silly school nonsense and I am working on a senior project. I would like to build an electric motorcycle and to do so I need some help. I am in serious need of some sponsors. If you are interested, just leave a comment or get a hold of me. All donations big or small are greatly appreciated and are 100% tax deductible!

Insperation



Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Batteries at last.

I've been slacking off lately and have not accomplished very much on the project lately but I've been fairly busy. I finally got my batteries they were the last expensive thing that I had to buy. There are a couple more parts that I need like the throttle, cables and a charger. I have a good contact though that may donate the cables and give me a good deal on a charge for $200-300 so hopefully that works out so I can save some money there.
I did a fit check to see how things would go together and there is just enough clearance for the chain. The motor is going to be a little tricky to mount, it is designed for a straight swing arm design, but the GSX-R swing arm angles in at the front so I am going to have to come up with some sort of insert or spacers to make it work.
I also got the front sprockets and chain that I needed. I am using a ANSI 50 size chain to match the 530 rear sprocket they are the same size and fit nicely. I Actually purchased 4 different sprockets for the front so I can play with the gearing and they are only $10-12 a piece. I got 13, 14, 15 and 16 tooth sprockets to give me a gear ratio range from 4.43 to 5.46.
It is hard to tell in these pictures, but I am going to have to do a little bit of swing arm modification to get everything to fit so there is room for the chain. I am going to have to take about 1/2" - 1" of of the inside.





No comments: