Jonny's Senior Project!

As most of you know I am about done with this silly school nonsense and I am working on a senior project. I would like to build an electric motorcycle and to do so I need some help. I am in serious need of some sponsors. If you are interested, just leave a comment or get a hold of me. All donations big or small are greatly appreciated and are 100% tax deductible!

Insperation



Friday, July 3, 2009

Big bad Alltrax

So I picked up my controller today, it is an Alltrax 72V 300A programmable type. Originally I wanted a 450A because lets face it who doesn't want to go fast? But the Etek-RT is only rated at 300A. But I was drawn to the programmable feature of the Alltrax that way I can tweak and adjust the way it'll perform.
I am currently planing an mounting the controller here on the outside behind the forks I have not come up with another place to mount it without sacrificing a battery.

Which brings me to my next point..... getting all the pieces of the puzzle to fit together, in my case there are 6 big pieces. Here is number 1 this was the easy one.

Number 2
Number 3 I actually got pretty lucky that it fit here I may have to take a little more off of the gas tank.

Number 4
Number 5

Now the clincher that last and final number 6!!

The gas tank fits down nicely over the battery here it is only partially lowered so you can see how it fits.
The finished product!! As you can see it should still be fairly easy to get all the plastics back on I'll just have to come up with some sort of sub frame to hold it all together.

1 comment:

ZoomSmith said...

Nice puzzle work man. What batteries are you planning on using?